The best food is often the simplest, and it doesn’t get much simpler than this. Tender garlic confit and fresh tomato over toasted french bread. I used a tomato right out of the garden. They are so easy to grow and full of flavor compared to supermarket tomatoes.
I love using the oil that the garlic was cooked in to brush on the bread. It’s rich with the garlic confit flavor. You can add a little extra virgin too, if you like.
Bruschetta with Garlic Confit and Tomato
- 10 cloves garlic confit (and resulting oil)
- French baguette
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped and drained
- Sprig of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Cut the baguette into even sections of bread about 3/4″ thick.
- Brush the oil from the garlic confit (follow this recipe) on the bread. Place a clove of garlic confit on each piece of bread to be toasted and mash slightly with a fork. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the bread pieces on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until golden and slightly crunchy.
- Gently place chopped tomato on top of each piece of toast. Garnish with a bit of fresh basil, if you have it. Serve warm.
Like this blog? Subscribe to monthly emails.