It’s easy to make a colorful and healthy mix of grilled vegetables outside on the grill. I especially like this method because it’s very healthy and tastes wonderful.
This works with many fruits and vegetables, but the combination below played particularly well for a recent party of 6 people. Here’s the simple recipe:
Grilled Pineapple and Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, cleaned of ribs and seeds and cut into pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into slices
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, thick ends removed or peeled
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to about 500 degrees, medium flame.
- Toss all ingredients in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on preheated grill and close the cover.
- Grill for a few minutes on medium, then remove pineapple and asparagus.
- Grill the squash and red pepper pieces another 2 minutes or so.
- Remove when charred but not overcooked.
- Arrange fruit and vegetables on a platter.
Like this blog? Subscribe to monthly emails.