March 4th, 2010
I love to make this simple roasted vegetable. There are many ways to enjoy cauliflower, but this is very healthy and simple to prepare. Not much liquid, but the simplicity of the cauliflower is delicious.
Roasted Cauliflower with Cheese
Gruyere or Comte cheese make this dish into a simple gratin. Cheddar is milder and gives it a different twist. Parmesan is traditional and gives it a nice flavor kick. Cauliflower is almost impossible to overcook, so it holds up well in the heat of the oven.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup Gruyere, cheddar or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Place diced shallot, garlic, lemon juice and cauliflower florets into roasting pan and toss with olive oil until each floret is lightly coated. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven, turning halfway through, until top is lightly browned – about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove pan and turn on the oven broiler.
- Sprinkle grated cheese (whichever you prefer) on top of florets.
- Place under broiler (cheddar melts, Gruyere should be turning brown, parmesan only needs a few moments)
Like this blog? Subscribe to monthly emails.